Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Contest Update and Writer's Block+ Anti-Valentines Day *UPDATED*

Well, you know how the DVD contest was supposed to end today? Well, I have two problems- the DVD hasn't arrived yet, and I didn't get any entries. Therefore, I'm turing the contest into a raffle. All you have to do is drop me an e-mail @ purplepineappletown@hotmail.com with your name (or nickname or whatever). When I recieve the DVD, I'll stick pieces of paper with the names on them into a bowl, and randomly choose one. If you win, I'll contact you for your address, and ship the DVD as soon as I recieve it. So please, enter. It'll take 1 minute of your time, and you can win a DVD.

And you know that "big thing" i'm working on? Well, I have writer's block on it. It's about Major Wars in America's history and what we should have learned from them. So hopefully the writer's block will go away soon.

GAH!!! You know those days that never seem to go right? I'm having one of those days. First the laptop conks out on me, my older sister is pissed off at me for something that happened three years ago that I didn't cause, and the world map I added that tracks hits all around the world isn't working AND I was only two continents away from having readers from every continent!!! (I needed South America and Antartica.)

Plus, my least favorite holiday is tomorrow, Valentines Day. It's the one holiday that really makes me angry. It gives those oh-so precious couples a day to make us singles feel bad, and rub our noses in it. You go from getting lots of (albit required) Valentines in elementary school to getting little to NONE as the couples develop in junior high and beyond.

Well, my little rant is done now. Hopefully starting next Monday will be the 7-part series on wars and what you should remember. It'll include: the American Civil War, World War I, World War II, Korean War, Veitnam War, Cold War, and the current War on Terror. If you want to see one covered drop me a line through the e-mail.

~Mer
Questions, Comments, or Angry Rants? E-mail Mer at purplepineappletown@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment