Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Top Five Nightmare Jobs!

1. Tech Support- This would have to be the worst job I can think of. People calling you every day and complaining, and then getting angry at you for no apparent reason. I mean, no one ever calls Tech Support to say, "Hey, my computer's running fine and your doing a great job!"

2. U.S. Military Soldier in Iraq-
For risking their life on a daily basis, these people get Less than $2000 dollars a month, with lower ranks starting at $1000. Add that to inadequate body armor, and you've got a nightmare job.

3. Recycling Plant Worker- They sift through garbage to pull out any salvagable recyclables. Easily the most nauseating on this list, they sort through everything from rotting meat to hypodermic needles, all for minimum wage.

4. Hazmat Diver- They swim into clouds of waste, inside nuclear reactors and through toxic spills on America’s coasts and inland waterways. When the Environmental Protection Agency identifies pollutants, it contracts with a hazmat team to clean things up. That means using giant vacuums to suck up a polluted lakebed, hoisting leaking barrels to the surface, or diving into the heart of an oil spill or into a sewer to fix a clog.

5. Being Mike Rowe- Host of Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel, this guy has done over 150 dirty jobs, from sewer cleaner to Alligator Farmer. He started the series in honor of his father, who was a pig farmer for most of his life, and tries out jobs that make civilized life for the rest of us possible.

Survey: What's the worst job you've ever had? Leave a comment!

-Mer
Questions or Comments, or have a story idea? Contact Mer at purplepineappletown@hotmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Worst job i've had was in a butchers. There's only so long you can listen to someone sawing through bones and cartilage. Hosing the floor down at the end of the day was enough treat. Suffice to say i didn't stay there too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worst job ever? Working 9 hour days in the understaffed Deli department at my local supermarket (Safeway). I cook & serve hot food all day. It makes my pores clog & my skin sticky and gross. Then I scrub dirty, greesy pans and ovens. All I want to do at the end of the day is take a shower and sleep. All this just to wake up the very next day and do it all over again! All for $8 an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scientific Jobs- That sounds absolutely awful. I can't imagine listening to that constantly day after day. I'm glad you were able to get out when you could.

    Anonymous- That sounds disgusting. I hope you can find a better job soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello guys!
    I love this blog. I consider myself a fan of the Pineapple. and I really love anything that it does. I love this blog .. Thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete