Monday, September 17, 2007

Blue Earth County Fair '07

We're going on an adventure Charlie~ Charlie the Unicorn

Yes, you're seeing things correctly, that's a tank. Someone in Waseca, MN, wants to make a course that you can drive tanks around on. But look! You can get a free tank ride! That will be a great way to teach the kiddies good morals!
Larry the Tank is ready for you to take a ride and crush civilians to smithereens. Are you up to the challenge?
One of the more odd finds at this year's county fair was Bernie the Burn Barrel. It's part of a campaign to get people to stop burning their trash and causing such harmful diseases as bronchitis, asthma, liver damage, smog, and carbon monoxide. I didn't realize smog and carbon monoxide were medical conditions, but thanks to Bernie the Burn Barrel, now I do!
Let me get this straight... the toxins eat the grass, which eats the cow, which eats the humans. That makes a lot of sense. Once again, thanks to Bernie the Burn Barrel for bringing this matter into the light.
For some odd reason, I got a real kick out of the Pop Water Coffe sign. You mustn't criticise his spelling, or the dough boy gnome will beat you over the head with a rolling pin. (For those who don't know, Lefse is a potato tortilla type thing)
This guy just really creeps me out. I will eat you after I finish rolling my beard out into delicious Lefse that I will sell to the people, causing them to become gnome zombies!
I couldn't decide if the sheriff lady on the right was sleeping or dead, so I simply settled on boring and moved on...

To the All-American Lumberjack Show! Isn't that a pathetic little sign for such a manly occupation? They should have a giant statue of a chainsaw or Paul Bunyan for Pete's sake, not something that looks like it belongs at a cheap garage sale.
One of the attractions of the All-American Lumberjack show was a set up allowing you to compete against someone in a log rolling competition- the two guys about to do it fared horribly, both somehow managing to belly flop into the water at the same time after about 2 seconds.
We now come to the heart of the Blue Earth County Fair, the Agriculture, which isn't surprising since Garden City, MN, is an island in a sea of cornstalks and soybean fields.
This thing looked like ti was ready to go abduct someone and take them to their little alien leaders. In reality though, I believe it was a custom air vent for a barn... or was it?
This cracked me up bad. I really wanted a coaster with this on it, but they were completely out, which made me sad. I was quickly cheered up however, with free popcorn from some church nearby.
I should mention that the last day of the fair, it poured down rain the entire day, which made the whole fairgrounds a damp, muddy mess. I wasn't able to get pictures because it was raining so hard. It made an enjoyable day for all!
-Mer
Questions or Comments on this story , or have a story idea? E-mail Mer @ purplepineappletown@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment